Strawberry shortcake is the perfect summer time sweet treat. Enjoy this recipe on a warm summer evening with loved ones!
- 6 6 6 Eggs, Pastured
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Maple Syrup, Pure
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Coconut Flour, sifted
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Palm Oil Shortening, Organic [*Spectrum Brand, sustainably sourced], melted
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream, Organic
- 3 cup 3 cup 3 cup Strawberries, diced
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to bake at 350 degrees.
- In a standing kitchen mixer, blend eggs, vanilla, and maple syrup.
- Sift in coconut flour, salt, and baking soda, and continue to blend.
- Pour in melted palm shortening, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour batter into a lightly greased and parchment lined muffin tin.
- Bake shortcakes for 35 minutes, remove from oven, and allow to cool on a cooling rack.
- Whip heavy cream, and fold in diced strawberries.
- Slice off the tops of the shortcakes with a serrated knife.
- Spread whipped cream and strawberries over the bottom layer, place the top of the shortcakes back on top, and spread more of the cream and strawberries on top.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCakes Cupcakes & Muffins Nightshade Free Nut Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
OMG!!! I saw this recipe earlier when entering the contest and thought since I had all the ingredients already I would make it tonight. I had my married couple paleo friends over tonight and the 3 of us agree it is HEAVENLY!!! It so reminds me of the real thing I can’t even imagine it tasting better the old way (I made the whipped cream with a little maple syrup in it so it was sweet…tasted like the “real” stuff). It is something I will be making a LOT this summer for sure. Thanks for the awesome recipe! I’m in PALEO LOVE!!!!
This recipe is wonderful!! I made it this weekend for a group of non-paleo friends and they all devoured it! Later on, a gluten-free friend who has had a lot of practice baking gluten-free treats came over, and was amazed by the quality and texture of the cake. As was I! It was so easy and so good. Thank you guys so much for this fabulous recipe! Even if you do not want to make strawberry shortcake, this cake recipe is a must-have!
Wow, this is so wonderful. My friend has Celiac disease and she will really love this one. She’s a strawberry shortcake lover. How can you not be though.
can you substitute the shortening for coconut oil?
These look so yummy!! It’s too hot to bake though! Can I make these the night before serving? How should I store the shortcakes?
Wow, this recipe is fantastic. My husband and I loved it. Did I say we loved it? The cupcake is just perfect. I had to use coconut milk for the cream and it turned out great. I can only imagine how much more delicious if I get to use the heavy whipping cream….
I just made the shortcake portion of this recipe and they’re yummy! Spongy and light, like the ones in the store. Recipe made 8 cakes in my muffin tins.