This Strawberry Shortcake is a grain free take on a traditional shortcake with a coconut whipped cream topping.
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Strawberries
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Tapioca Starch
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Salt
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Baking Soda
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Unsalted Butter
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Eggs
- .75 tsp .75 tsp .75 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Raw Honey
- 13.5 oz 13.5 oz 13.5 oz Coconut Milk, canned, chilled
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- For the Biscuits:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl combine the Almond Flour, Starch, Salt and Baking Soda.
- To the bowl, add the butter.
- Cut the fat into the flour until the fat is about the size of a pea.
- In a separate small bowl whisk together the eggs, vinegar and honey.
- Pour mixture in with the flour and mix just briefly and gently until the dough comes together. It may feel a little wet.
- Spoon out biscuits onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet to create 6-8 biscuits.
- Bake for 18 minutes.
- For the Whipped Cream:
- Refrigerate can of Coconut Milk until chilled overnight
- Open can and remove fat from top
- Place in bowl and add vanilla and maple syrup
- Beat with hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Top biscuit with strawberries and whipped cream and enjoy!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week