This is a go-to steak marinade for us. We use a version of this marinade to flavor a lot of our tougher cuts of steak like flank, skirt, hanger and flat iron. These are perfect cuts for a marinade because they are a little tougher and need some extra flavor. They also happen to absorb the marinade really well because they are a thinly cut steak – not to mention they are cheaper! This marinade takes only about 5 minutes to put together and is a basic, flavorful marinade that you can use over and over.
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Coconut Aminos
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Combine all of the ingredients in a zip top bag or plastic container and mix well. I prefer to use a zip top bag because you can squeeze all of the air out and get the marinade pressed against the whole piece of meat.
- Add in your steak (or other meat) and mix everything to get the meat coated well with the marinade.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 24.
- Remove from the container and get to grilling!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week