Packing quite the spicy kick, this recipe utilizes all the traditional seasonings of fajitas with cumin, chipotle, lime juice, and garlic. This recipe is so delicious you won't even notice the absence of a tortilla!
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Skirt Steak
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 1 1 Red Bell Pepper, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Organic
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Chipotle Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Cumin
- 4 cloves 4 cloves 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 1 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 1 1 Vidalia Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Baby Bella Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt
- 1/8 cup 1/8 cup 1/8 cup Lime Juice
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Rinse skirt steak under cool water and pat dry.
- Carefully remove any remaining silver skin from the steak.
- Place steak in a 1-gallon ziplock bag and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, lime juice, salt, pepper, chipotle, cumin, and garlic.
- Pour marinade over steak, seal bag, and toss to evenly coat the entire skirt steak.
- Place in the refrigerator and marinate up to 24 hours.
- Preheat grill to 500°F, 10 minutes prior to cooking.
- Remove steak from the refrigerator and bring up to room temperature.
- Grill steak 3–4 minutes per side.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes after cooking, then cut steak in thin strips.
- Heat coconut oil on medium heat in a cast-iron skillet.
- Add vegetables and seasonings, and sauté until onions are translucent and peppers have softened.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Turn oven to broil at 500°F, and raise oven rack to the top level.
- Place vegetables in cast-iron skillet under the broiler for 3–5 minutes.
- Serve steak topped with vegetables, and with a side of guacamole.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeDairy Free Egg Free GAPS Meat Nut Free Shellfish Free Sugar Free Whole30
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
Great recipe, but can you please review the ingredients…I had to look at the other site to get a full list. Also, a couple of things to make this the most amazing thing ever since coconut butter: 1.) please make the link from the meal calendar go directly to the recipe instead of needing to click under the pictures and 2.) please make the grocery list more accurate. I just used the first weeks without checking and had to make several more trips to the grocery store to get things that weren’t on the list. Thanks! Love the site and love the plans!!!!
Hello – could you please be more specific about the inaccuracies on the shopping lists? We tried to be as thorough as possible. Also, please be sure that you checked the “kitchen basics” list. There are ingredients that we frequently cook with that are not listed over and over again.
Thanks! Feel free to follow up here, or using the “feedback” button on the left side.
Oh sorry about not looking at the basics one!
Can you provide a link to the “kitchen basics” list? I, too, missed some things not listed in the ingredients (namely, lime) because I missed this list.
Maybe I missed something, but how much lime juice do you put in the marinade? It’s not in the ingredients list… Thanks for this recipe, I’m going to make it tonight! 🙂
Sorry for the error – it is the juice from 1.5 limes (about 1/8 of a cup). It has been added. Thanks!
This was really nice. I just really dug the marinade, so I have made tons of meals with the marinaded meat.
Loved this marinade – great lime tang and spice kick!
huge hit with my whole family and friends:) thanks so much going to become a regular i think:) thanks to your site though i have cooked fifteen meals at home in the last five days with out cheating on my whole30 diet thank you.
Loved this! The marinade was gorgeous – lovely warm smoky flavours.
So in step 12, when you say to add vegetables and seasonings, by seasonings do you mean the marinade or is that discarded?