Standing Rib Roast
Every year, we join Bill's grandparents for an early Christmas dinner at their country club in Ohio. While there are many fantastic dishes to choose from, the prime rib with horseradish sauce is a favorite of ours. Making this at home for your holiday dinner is an elegant and delicious addition to the meal!
- 5 lb 5 lb 5 lb Beef Roast, Rib Roast, [approximately 4 ribs]
- 3.5 Tbsp 3.5 Tbsp 3.5 Tbsp Mustard, Spicy Brown
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Ginger, ground
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coriander, ground
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Cumin
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Allow prime rib to sit at room temperature for up to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to roast at 500 degrees.
- Brush prime rib on all sides with mustard.
- Sprinkle prime rib with spice mixture and press spices into mustard coating.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place prime rib onto a broiling pan, fat side up.
- Roast at 500 for 15 minutes, then turn the temperature down to 350 and continue to roast. 15 minutes per pound yields rare, 20 minutes per pound yields medium, 25 minutes per pound yields well done.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Dairy Free Egg Free Entrées GAPS Nightshade Free Nut Free Shellfish Free Sugar Free Whole30
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.