Spinach Artichoke Dip Casserole
Spinach artichoke dip can be an entree too! This chicken casserole has a dairy free spinach artichoke dip baked right in.
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Skinless Chicken Breast, cooked and shredded
- 2 cups 2 cups 2 cups Cauliflower, grated, or substitute cooked rice
- 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp Lard, 1/2 Tbsp or other fat for greasing dish, + 1 Tbsp (omit if using rice instead of cauliflower)
- 10 oz 10 oz 10 oz Spinach, frozen (thaw and drain)
- 10 oz 10 oz 10 oz Artichokes, jarred/canned, drained & chopped
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup White Mushrooms, diced small
- 8 oz 8 oz 8 oz Full Fat Cream Cheese, cubed, or sub soft cashew cheese
- 13 oz 13 oz 13 oz Coconut Milk, full fat
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup free range Chicken Broth
- .75 tsp .75 tsp .75 tsp Salt
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Black Pepper
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Garlic Powder
- 4 oz 4 oz 4 oz Plantain Chips, crushed
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- If using cauliflower rice, saute in a little bit of fat until translucent.
- Add the spinach and artichokes to the baking dish and season with a little of the salt, pepper, and garlic. If the chicken is unseasoned, salt and pepper it. Add the chicken, rice, and cheese to the dish.
- In a small saucepan, combine the coconut milk, chicken broth, mushrooms, and some pepper to taste (add salt if the broth is unsalted). Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Pour this mixture over the ingredients in the baking dish. You can strain out the mushrooms if you like. Stir to combine everything.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the center is hot and it starts to bubble around the edges. Top with crushed plantain chips and return to the oven for an additional 15 minutes to allow the topping to toast a bit.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week