Spicy Roasted Garlic and Char-grilled Red Pepper Cashew Cream
Deliciously creamy, velvety smooth, smoky, sweet and perfectly spiced.
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Cashews, raw
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 head 1 head 1 head Garlic, Roasted - could sub 1 tsp of garlic powder if you don’t have any roasted garlic on hand and don’t want to make any but, I highly recommend the roasted. That stuff is gold! - http://betterwithcake.com/desserts/oven-roasted-garlic/
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Red Chili (Fresh, Asian-style), with or without seeds - more or less to taste
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Roasted Red Pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Black Pepper
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Water, boiling - for soaking your cashews
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place your cashews into a bowl (or jug) and pour enough boiling water to ensure they are completely submerged. They tend to swell up as they absorb the liquid so make sure there is a little wiggle room for them to do their thang. Set aside for 20 minutes
- Drain and rinse you cashews then place them, along with all remaining ingredients into your blender or food processor and process until creamy, dreamy and well combined.
- Taste and adjust seasonings accordingly, add some extra garlic or salt pepper as you wish. Feel free to add a splash of water to reach your desired consistency and FYI – your cheese will firm up as it cools.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge until ready to serve, it should keep well for up to 7 days but I seriously doubt it will last that long.
- Eat it on all of the things!
- Enjoy xo
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week