Soft Paleo Cinnamon Rolls
The delicious cinnamon rolls have the perfect texture with creamy icing on top!
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Water, warm
- 0.5 - 2 tsp 0.5 - 2 tsp 0.5 - 2 tsp Active Dry Yeast
- 0.625 cup 0.625 cup 0.625 cup Coconut Sugar, divided three ways (.25 cup for the rolls, .25 cup for the filling, 2 TBSP for the icing)
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Palm Oil Shortening, Organic [*Spectrum Brand, sustainably sourced], melted
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Eggs, Pastured
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Egg Whites
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1.35 cup 1.35 cup 1.35 cup Cassava Flour, divided (1.5 cups for the dough, 2 TBSP for the icing)
- 6 Tbsp 6 Tbsp 6 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Ghee, melted (for the filling)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Cinnamon, ground, (for the filling)
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut Milk, (for the icing)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and grease an 8 "x8" glass baking dish with some coconut oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the water and yeast. Let sit a minute.
- Whisk in the eggs, shortening, coconut sugar, and vanilla.
- Add the flours, salt, and baking powder and mix well. Let stand a couple minutes to let the dough firm up.
- Roll out the dough between two pieces of plastic wrap to 1/4 inch thick.
- Brush with ghee
- In a small bowl, mix together the coconut sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle liberally over dough.
- Carefully roll up the dough, starting from one long side. Don't rush it, and pat with your hands to fix any tears.
- Cut the dough into 1 to 2 inch slices and place face up in the baking dish. Press them down a little.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut milk and coconut sugar. Microwave 20 seconds or so and then stir in the cassava flour. Drizzle over warm rolls and devour.
The dough is definitely to be handled with care; letting it sit on the counter before rolling helps it to firm up. You could also try not melting the palm shortening before adding it. Use wet hands to handle the dough, and pat any cracks gently to repair them. I rolled mine on out of a liberally floured surface and used a thin spatula to aid in getting dough off the counter as I rolled. Have a little bowl of cassava flour handy as well as a little cup of water. Don’t rush the rolling.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCupcakes & Muffins Nut Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.