Smoky Slaw (from Make It Paleo 2)
A summertime cookout just isn't complete without a creamy coleslaw. This side dish goes really well with our Fish Tacos, or a big slab of smoked ribs. The chipotle powder spices up this recipe without overwhelming it, though you're welcome to add more if you love spicy food! The smokiness of the slaw is perfectly balanced by the crunchy veggies and creamy mayo.
- 3/4 cup 3/4 cup 3/4 cup Mayonnaise (click for recipe)
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 Green Cabbage, Medium, thinly sliced
- 2 2 2 Carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 Red Onion, finely diced
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Chipotle Powder
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 Lime, juice of
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Prepare the mayonnaise and set aside.
- Place the cabbage, carrots, and red onion in a large mixing bowl.
- Make the dressing: In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, chipotle, salt, pepper, and lime juice.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss to coat. The slaw will keep in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week