Smoky Roasted Turnips
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Bacon Grease, melted
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 4 4 4 Turnips, ends removed and chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 1 1 Bacon, thick cut strip, cooked and chopped to garnish
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to bake at 425.
- Place turnips into an oven safe baking dish.
- Toss with melted bacon grease.
- Sprinkle with smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Toss to evenly coat.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring every so often to ensure even cooking.
- After 30 minutes turn heat down to 350, move turnips to a lower rack, and place bacon in the oven to bake on a wire rack over a cookie sheet.
- Remove turnips after bacon has baked for about 10-15 minutes, however check to ensure that the turnips are not burning.
- Once bacon is crisp (about 25-30 minutes), remove and chop bacon, and place on the turnips.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Dairy Free Egg Free Nut Free Shellfish Free Side Dishes Sugar Free Whole30
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
Um….YES! I cooked them at 425 for a total of 45 min and they were perfect.