Smoked Salmon Cucumber Bites
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Cucumber, Sliced into discs (note: English cucumber recommended)
- 8 oz 8 oz 8 oz Smoked Salmon
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Capers, drained
- 1 bunch 1 bunch 1 bunch Dill, fresh, chopped, for finishing
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed, for finishing
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt, for finishing (optional)
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Black Peppercorns, Ground Fresh, for finishing (optional)
- Lay all of the cucumber slices out on a platter or cutting board.
- Top each slice with a small slice of smoked salmon, then a few capers.
- Immediately before serving, sprinkle the platter with a generous amount of roughly chopped fresh dill, fresh cracked black pepper, salt (if using) and a drizzle of fresh lemon juice.
You can absolutely feel free to add a dollop of creme fraiche, plain (tart) Greek yogurt, sour cream, or even a dab of dijon mustard on top of the salmon for a little extra flavor, if you'd like. It will also help the capers stay put better. Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. Yield: approx 25-30 pieces, but it depends on how thickly you slice your cucumber.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week