Small Batch Double Chocolate Cupcakes with Raw Chocolate Frosting
All natural, decadent, rich, double chocolate cupcakes with a dark and delicious, 3 ingredient, raw chocolate frosting.
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Egg
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Oil, Organic, For the frosting
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Almond Milk, I use unsweetened vanilla
- 0.75 cup 0.75 cup 0.75 cup Almond Meal/Flour
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Cacao Powder, Raw, For the frosting
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Sugar
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Espresso Powder, optional
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Dark Chocolate Chips, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup, Pure, For the frosting
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 175C (350F)
- Line (or grease and flour) a 6 cup muffin tray with paper cases and set aside
- In a medium bowl place egg, vanilla, coconut oil and milk and whisk until well combined
- Add almond flour, coconut flour, cacao, coconut sugar, baking powder, salt and espresso (if using) and stir to combine.
- Add chocolate chips and stir until just combined.
- Spoon into prepare muffin tray and bake for 10-12 mins until tops spring back when gently pressed and a toothpick has just a few crumbs attached when inserted into the center
- Allow to cool in the muffin tray for 10 mins before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely
- While your cupcakes are cooling prepare the frosting. Place all frosting ingredients into a small bowl and stir until well combined. If itu2019s a little thin just pop it in the fridge to allow the coconut oil to solidify slightly until you have a nice, glossy spreadable consistency
- Once cupcakes are cool and frosting is ready simply spread approximately 1 heaping Tablespoon of frosting onto each cupcake. Cupcakes will keep for 3-5 days in the fridge when covered or stored in an airtight container. Or you can freeze for up to 3 months.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCupcakes & Muffins FODMAP Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.