Slow Cooker Osso Bucco
Osso Bucco is another meal that I grew up with - one that I have always been particularly fond of - and this recipe is very similar to the my mum's traditional version.
- 4 pieces 4 pieces 4 pieces Beef Shank, Osso Bucco
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Black Pepper
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Arrowroot Powder
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Organic
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Yellow Onion, medium, diced
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Carrots, medium, chopped into small pieces
- 2 pieces 2 pieces 2 pieces Celery, stalks, chopped into small pieces
- 4 pieces 4 pieces 4 pieces Garlic, cloves, minced
- 15 oz 15 oz 15 oz Tomato, tin organic chopped or crushed
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Thyme, dried
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Beef stock, organic or home made/Vegetable stock would also work
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Season arrowroot powder with sea salt and pepper and coat the shanks in the powder, shaking off any excess. Ensure that you coat the shanks evenly.
- Heat a large, non-stick fry pan on moderate-high heat, then add the coconut oil.
- Once the oil has melted, add the shanks and cook until they are browned on all sides (approximately 6 minutes). Then remove the shanks from the pan and place in the slow cooker.
- Then add the onion, garlic, carrot and celery and cook until for approximately 5 minutes or until golden and soft.
- The add the tomatoes and thyme leaves and stir to combine. Cook for a further 5 minutes and then transfer to the slow cooker.
- Add the stock to the slow cooker and cook until the meat is tender and is practically falling off the bone.
- To serve, spoon the osso bucco into bowls and top with the parsley and lemon zest.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and lemon zest - I have cooked my osso bucco in the slow cooker for 6 hours on high or 8-10 hours on low. Either will be fine. - Serves 2-4 depending on the size of the beef shanks
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeDairy Free Egg Free Meat Nut Free Shellfish Free Sugar Free Whole30
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.