Slow Cooker Chai Tea Brisket
15 minutes of prep yields a melt-in-your-mouth brisket that's smothered in a savory spiced broth. This virtually hands-off recipe will be a go-to all year long.
- 1.5 lb 1.5 lb 1.5 lb Beef Brisket
- 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp Sea Salt
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Chai Tea, brewed
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Beef Broth
- 4 cloves 4 cloves 4 cloves Garlic
- 4 sprigs 4 sprigs 4 sprigs Thyme, fresh
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Bay Leaf
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Dry all moisture off of the brisket with a few paper towels. Season each side of the roast generously with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the brisket to the skillet. Sear on all sides for 3-4 minutes each, or until a gorgeous brown crust forms on each side. Place the seared brisket in the slow cooker.
- Add the garlic cloves and thyme to the skillet and turn the heat down to medium. Cook the herbs until fragrant and the garlic is turning golden, about 2 minutes.
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker with the brisket. Cover and cook the brisket on low for 6-8 hours. (Use the lower end of that timeframe for sliceable meat and the higher end for shred-able meat.) Serve drizzled with the broth it cooked in. Yum!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Dairy Free Egg Free GAPS Meat Nightshade Free Nut Free Shellfish Free Sugar Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.