Single-Serve Cherry Rhubarb Pies
Have a seriously juicy fruit pie all to yourself!
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Rhubarb, heaping cup; chopped
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Cherries, fresh, pitted; sour cherries are best; heaping cup
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Flax Seed Meal
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Lemon Juice
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt
- 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Organic, melted
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Egg
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Almond Milk
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the rhubarb, cherries, flax meal, 2 Tbsp coconut sugar and lemon juice. Divide into two ramekins.
- In another small mixing bowl, stir together the almond flour, coconut flour, salt, coconut oil, and 2 Tbsp coconut sugar until it forms a ball. Turn out on to a nonstick surface and press into a ball, then flatten into a disc large enough to trace or cut 2 circles the size of your ramekin out of. I used a biscuit cutter but you can just trace around the bottom of the ramekin with your knife to cut out the circles.
- lace each circle on top of the pie filling, and either leave room around the edges, or, if you'd like to seal the crust to the sides of the ramekin (pot pie-style), make sure to poke some holes in the top of the crust.
- Make the egg wash by whisking together the egg and almond milk. Brush tops with egg wash, and sprinkle with additional coconut sugar (optional) for shine and appearance.
- Place ramekins on a cookie sheet or other oven-proof tray. This will catch any overflowing juices and make it easier to handle the ramekins.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until tops are golden and fruit juice is thick, bubbly and overflowing. Let cool for 10 minutes or so, then serve.
(1) If using frozen fruit, defrost and drain before measuring (2) If not serving immediately, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeDairy Free Pescetarian Pies Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.