Simply Grilled Salmon
The simple marinade for this salmon is our go-to marinade for chicken, fish, or shrimp. It is also fantastic over lamb, and would pair well with pork as well. The lemon in this marinade brings fresh flavor to the deep aromas of the basil and oregano.
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Salmon Filet, Wild Caught
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Basil, dried
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Oregano, dried
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 2 cloves 2 cloves 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 1 1 Lemon, juice
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Rinse salmon under cold water, pat dry with a paper towel, and cut into 4 equal-sized portions.
- In a glass jar, combine olive oil, fresh lemon juice, garlic, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Seal jar and shake vigorously to combine.
- Place salmon in a container to marinate, pour marinade over salmon, and toss to ensure the salmon is fully coated in the marinade.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for up to 1 hour prior to grilling.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill salmon 4 minutes a side over medium-high heat.
- Serve withCucumber and tomato salad.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Dairy Free Egg Free GAPS Nightshade Free Nut Free Pescetarian Seafood Shellfish Free Sugar Free Whole30
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
This is our go-to salmon recipe. I’m fortunate enough to fly to Alaska somewhat regularly and bring fresh Copper River and King salmon fillets back. This is the one source of protein my finicky 8-year old nephew will go absolutely crazy for when prepared this way. In fact, the last trip I actually bought an extra fillet because how voracious he gets. I swear the kid ate 3 lbs of salmon that night!
I just made this and wow, DELICIOUS! It was simple to make and I already had all of the ingredients on hand. By far the best salmon I’ve ever had!
My family love this salmon recipe. Thanks
Wonderful salmon recipe. It’s winter so instead of grilling it we put it in the oven and it still turned out great