Simple Paleo Whipped Cream
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Coconut Sugar, or granulated sweetener of choice
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Tapioca Starch
- 14 oz 14 oz 14 oz Coconut Cream
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Coconut Milk, as needed
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt
- Make your powdered sugar: add the sweetener and tapioca to a food processor or high speed blender and pulse 10-20 times until powdered fine. Run it through a fine mesh sifter to remove clumps. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the coconut cream, vanilla and liquid as needed until smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar and salt and beat until light and fluffy. This could take anywhere from 2-5 minutes and you may need to stop a couple times to scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl to make sure everything is completely incorporated.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Coconut sugar works very well for making powdered sugar. I imagine you could use raw sugar or granulated honey successfully too. Stevia or monk fruit sweetener also work but they are already pretty finely ground so you will need a high speed blender to ground them finely. If you prefer things on the less-sweet side, start with 1/4 cup of the granulated sweetener and add additional sweetener 1 tablespoon at a time until it reaches your desired sweetness. This cream is really versatile! Feel free to add flavorings as desired, such as cinnamon or peppermint extract. Simply add in 1/4 teaspoon increments until you reach your desired flavor. See http://bit.ly/1Ogwn3J for troubleshooting tips!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week