Simple Chorizo Butternut Squash Hash
I wish this recipe was exceptionally creative, but it’s not. Just has tasty ingredients that are easy to find and even easier to eat. I made this one morning, before I had to jump on a flight. I didn’t have much food, I didn’t have much time, but I wanted a big meal so I wouldn’t get hungry on the flight. Boom. A hash.
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Butternut Squash, peeled and diced small
- 1/2 whole 1/2 whole 1/2 whole Yellow Onion, finely diced
- 1/2 lb 1/2 lb 1/2 lb Chorizo
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 5 whole 5 whole 5 whole Eggs
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place a cast iron skillet or pan over medium heat. Add butternut squash and onion.
- After cooking the butternut squash on all sides for about 5-8 minutes or until squash is soft, add chorizo. Break up chorizo into small pieces and cook until completely cooked through. Add a bit of salt and pepper.
- Use a spoon to press in 5 little crevices. Crack eggs into the crevices. Place a lid over the pan and cook until eggs are cooked to over easy (or to preference), about 3-4 minutes.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week