Scrambled Eggs with Lox and Capers
Growing up, my family would often serve lox with bagels and cream cheese at family brunches. This was always a special occasion when family came into town. In my mind, I can still taste the flavors of a toasted bagel topped with cream cheese, lox, red onion, tomato, and capers. For our version of this dish, we replaced the bagel and cream cheese with eggs for an equally delicious and much healthier version.
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Capers
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Coconut Oil, Organic
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Tomato, Vine-ripened, sliced
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Red Onion, chopped
- 2 oz 2 oz 2 oz Smoked Salmon, chopped
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Eggs, Pastured
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Heat coconut oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Sauté onion until soft in coconut oil.
- Whisk 3 eggs in small mixing bowl.
- Mix chopped salmon in with whisked eggs.
- Pour eggs and salmon over sautéed onion.
- Cook, stirring gently to scramble.
- Serve over sliced tomato, and garnish with capers, parsley, and black pepper.
Be sure to read the label when purchasing smoked salmon. You will want to look for a wild-caught cut without any added sugars.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week