Sautéed Broccoli Greens
In most northern locales, broccoli greens can be found at farmers markets (or in your garden) in late spring. Enjoy this dish alongside a cut of steak for some sturdy, in-season comfort food.
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Broccoli Greens, cooked (which is about 15 large raw leaves)
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Green Onion, chopped
- 5 sprigs 5 sprigs 5 sprigs Rosemary, fresh, minced
- 2 cloves 2 cloves 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Bacon Grease
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt and Pepper, to taste
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Wash broccoli greens and remove stems (including the primary vein bisecting the leaves).
- Tear broccoli leaves into small pieces, chop green onion, mince garlic and rosemary.
- Heat the bacon grease in a large soup pot or french oven over medium high heat.
- Saute green onion and garlic for 2 minutes, then add the broccoli greens and rosemary. Saute for 10-15 minutes, stirring often - it will be finished when the garlic and onions soften and the broccoli greens are wilted.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Dairy Free Egg Free Nightshade Free Nut Free Shellfish Free Side Dishes Sugar Free Whole30
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.