Salmon Cakes with Garlic Chive Aioli
After having some delicious crab cakes over the holidays last year, I set out to make an equally tasty recipe for salmon cakes. These cakes are perfect for a party, or just to spice up a weekly meal with something that seems a bit more ‘fancy.’ We top our salmon cakes with a squeeze of lemon juice and a dollop of delicious Garlic-Chive Aioli, but they are delicious on their own as well!
- This recipe is from Make It Paleo 2
- 12 oz 12 oz 12 oz Salmon, Canned, drained
- 3 3 3 Egg Yolk
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1 clove 1 clove 1 clove Garlic, smashed and chopped
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Vidalia Onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Ghee
- Garlic Chive Aioli (click for recipe)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the salmon, egg yolks, salt, pepper, and paprika. In a mini food processor, fully mince the garlic and onion. Add the garlic and onion to the salmon mixture and stir to combine the ingredients.
- Using your hands, form the salmon mixture into 2-ounce patties, and place each cake on a clean plate. Heat the duck fat over medium-high heat in a well-seasoned cast-iron skillet. Once the cooking fat is hot, turn the heat down to medium and fry the salmon cakes on either side for about 1 minute per side, or until browned and crispy.
- Place the fried salmon cakes on the parchment-lined baking sheet and finish in the oven for 10–15 minutes. Serve topped with Garlic- Chive Aioli and a squeeze of lemon juice.
Although they are going into the food processor, the garlic and onion need to be chopped into smaller pieces first so that you get uniform bits when you process them.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free GAPS Nut Free Pescetarian Seafood Shellfish Free Sugar Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.