Salad-e Shirazi (Chilled Tomato and Cucumber Salad)
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Tomato, seeded and finely diced
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Cucumber, seeded, peeled and finely diced
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Onion, finely diced
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Mint Leaves, finely minced
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Lime Juice, (juice of 1 lime)
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Salt
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Black Pepper
- Place tomato, cucumber and onion in a bowl. Add salt, pepper, mint, olive oil and lime juice and stir until well combined.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and serve chilled.
Since tomatoes and cucumbers especially come in a huge array of sizes and what looks good enough to take home changes from day to day, I find it much easier to use measurements by the cup in recipes like this versus instructions like, "one small cucumber." I ended up using four Roma tomatoes that were right in the middle as far as the sizes available to me and about half of an English cucumber.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week