Sage Roasted Butternut Squash Puree
Sage roasted butternut squash puree is a simple side dish with a warm and comforting flavor.
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Butternut Squash
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Organic
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Sage, dried
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Butter, Unsalted
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel and chop the butternut squash into equally-sized pieces. Toss the chopped squash with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and 1 teaspoon of sage.
- Roast the squash until fork tender, about 30 minutes. For a more even cooking, flip the squash halfway through the cooking process.
- Add the cooked squash to a high speed blender or food processor with the 2 tablespoons of butter or coconut oil. Process until the squash is pureed.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve with extra sage to garnish.
If using fresh sage, increase the amount to 1 Tablespoon.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week