Rustic Peach Galette
A crispy, flaky, grain free crust with naturally sweetened, perfectly spiced peaches filling the center. This peach galette is the perfect healthy treat!
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Blanched Almond Flour, (for the crust)
- 1 1/8 cup 1 1/8 cup 1 1/8 cup Tapioca Starch, (1 cup for the crust, 2 tbsp for the filling)
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Unsalted Butter, (for the crust)
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup, (1 tbsp for the crust, 1 tbsp for the filling)
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Egg, (for the crust)
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Salt, (for the crust)
- 6 whole 6 whole 6 whole Peaches, (for the filling)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp ground Cinnamon, (for the filling)
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp ground Nutmeg, (for the filling)
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp ground Ginger, (for the filling)
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Egg Whites, (for the egg wash)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Water, (for the egg wash)
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Almonds, sliced (for the egg wash)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a bowl mix together almond flour, tapioca starch and salt.
- Cut butter into small chunks and add to dry ingredient. Cut in with a fork or food processor.
- Add maple syrup and whisked egg.
- Mix until dough forms and form into a ball. Wrap with cling wrap and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, peel and slice peaches. Add to bowl with tapioca starch, maple syrup, cinnamon, ground nutmeg and ginger. Mix well.
- Once dough is chilled, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place dough on a piece of parchment paper and top with another. Roll until dough is 1/4 inch think.
- Add peaches to center and spread leaving 2-inches around the outside.
- Pull dough up around the peaches (you may need to use a spatula to help in this process).
- Mix egg wash and rub around the edges. Sprinkle with almonds and slightly press in.
- Bake 35-45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool before you enjoy!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week