Roasted Yams with Bacon
A crispy, flavorful side dish!
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Use a mandolin slicer to make thin slices of the yams. (I used the 1/8 setting.)
- In a large bowl, toss sliced yams in 4 tbsp of olive oil. Add half of the spices. Toss until the yams are coated.
- In a round cake pan, stack the slices in a circle around the pan. Fill the inside of the circle with the extra slices.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour.
- When there is about 15 minutes left, fry the slices of bacon in a skillet until about halfway done.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Tear up the slices of bacon and place the pieces between the yams. Drizzle the last tablespoon of olive oil on top of the yams. Sprinkle the last half of the spices on top of the yams.
- Place back in the oven to bake another 30 minutes.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week