Roasted Pistachio Almond Butter
Healthy, homemade roasted pistachio almond butter - it's thick, creamy, deliciously buttery, lightly salted, simply divine!
- 2 clove 2 clove 2 clove Almonds, I use raw, unsalted
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup raw Pistachios
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Salt, more or less to taste
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat your oven to 175’C (350’F)
- Line a large baking sheet with baking/parchment paper (or a non stick silpat mat) then add your almonds and pistachios, making sure they are spread evenly – aka not crowded.
- Roast your nuts for 7-10 minutes, until gloriously golden, deliciously fragrant and lightly toasted.
- Pour your golden, delicious roasted nuts into the bowl of your food processor or blender, add salt and process until smooth and creamy (or your desired consistency). Initially the almonds would grind down into a powder, give it a minute or two and the oils will extract and it will become deliciously, thick, rich and creamy. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- Once you have blended to your desired consistency have a cheeky taste test (or two) and adjust seasoning as needed.
- - Note: If you prefer a thinner consistency feel free to add a drizzle of coconut oil to thin it out.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge. It should keep well for up to 2 weeks – but I highly doubt it will last that long! (← seriously, good luck with that : )
- Enjoy xoxo
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week