Roasted Garlic Cashew “Cheese”
All natural, quick and easy, creamy, dreamy, buttery, smooth, smoky, zesty, garlic infused cashew cheese
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Cashews, raw
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Water, For soaking your cashews
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Garlic, cloves, roasted
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Salt, more or less to taste
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Black Peppercorns, Ground Fresh, more or less to taste
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Lemon Juice
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place your cashews into a bowl and pour enough water to ensure they are completely submerged. They tend to swell up as they absorb the liquid so make sure there is a little wiggle room for them to do their thang. Set aside for at least 2 hours. I had mine sit overnight.
- Drain and rinse you cashews then place them, along with all remaining ingredients into your blender or food processor and process until creamy, dreamy and well combined.
- Taste and adjust seasonings accordingly, add some extra garlic or salt pepper as you wish. Feel free to add a splash of water to reach your desired consistency and FYI- your cheese will firm up as it cools.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge until ready to serve, it should keep well for up to 7 days but I seriously doubt it will last that long.
- Eat it on all of the things!
You could sub fresh garlic in place of the oven roasted however it will change the flavor slightly.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week