Roasted Garlic Cashew “Cheese”
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Cashews, raw
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Water, For soaking your cashews
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Garlic, cloves, roasted
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Salt, more or less to taste
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Black Peppercorns, Ground Fresh, more or less to taste
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Place your cashews into a bowl and pour enough water to ensure they are completely submerged. They tend to swell up as they absorb the liquid so make sure there is a little wiggle room for them to do their thang. Set aside for at least 2 hours. I had mine sit overnight.
- Drain and rinse you cashews then place them, along with all remaining ingredients into your blender or food processor and process until creamy, dreamy and well combined.
- Taste and adjust seasonings accordingly, add some extra garlic or salt pepper as you wish. Feel free to add a splash of water to reach your desired consistency and FYI- your cheese will firm up as it cools.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge until ready to serve, it should keep well for up to 7 days but I seriously doubt it will last that long.
- Eat it on all of the things!
You could sub fresh garlic in place of the oven roasted however it will change the flavor slightly.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week