Roasted chicken thighs and veggies
I cannot think of anything better than roasted chicken and vegetables. Roasting brings out vegetables intense flavor and sweetness. This recipe can easily be doubled or halved to suit your families needs. You can sub in your favorite vegetables, such as brussel sprouts, shallots, asparagus, cauliflower, sweet potato etc. Use whatever your family likes. We love delicata squash in this recipe because not only is it abundantly available in the fall but the starches from the squash give the sauce a wonderful creaminess.
- 2 lb 2 lb 2 lb Chicken Thigh, skin on
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Delicata Squash, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Green Beans, whole or halved
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Yellow Onion, cut into wedges
- 1 pint 1 pint 1 pint White Mushrooms, quartered
- 4 - 6 cloves 4 - 6 cloves 4 - 6 cloves Garlic, whole
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Rosemary, dried
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Thyme, dried
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Salt and pepper the chicken thighs. Cook thighs, skin side down in skillet for 3-4 minutes, until golden brown. You may have to brown the chicken in 2 batches.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare your vegetables and place them in a 9 x 13 inch roasting pan.
- Place the chicken thighs on top of the prepared vegetables and pour any chicken fat that remains in the skillet over the chicken and vegetables. (Trust me and do this, dont be afraid of the fat) Sprinkle rosemary and thyme over chicken.
- Roast the chicken and vegetables for 30 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and place the thighs on a serving platter and keep in a warm place. Return the pan with the vegetables to the oven and continue to roast, stirring halfway through, for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are a beautiful golden brown.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and serve with the chicken thighs. Enjoy!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Dairy Free Egg Free GAPS Nightshade Free Nut Free Poultry Shellfish Free Sugar Free Whole30
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.