Roasted Almond & Jalapeno Pesto
A light, fresh, deliciously nutty, seriously addicting roasted almond and jalapeno pesto. A deliciously little twist on a much loved classic.
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Baby Spinach, firmly packed - rinsed and dried
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Cilantro, rinsed and dried
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Almonds, I use raw, unsalted - if using pre-roasted and salted almonds you may want to hold off adding any extra salt when adding seasonings
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Lime Juice, from approx 1/2 a medium sized lime
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Coconut Oil, Organic, Melted and cooled
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt, More or less to taste
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Black Pepper, More or less to taste
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Pre-heat your oven to 175’C (350’F)
- Place your almonds onto a lined baking sheet and toast for 10 minutes until lightly golden and fragrant.
- Once your almonds are toasted place them, along with all remaining ingredients into your food processor or blender and process until well combined.
- If you’d like to make a thinner pesto add a touch of water (or neutral flavored oil) a Tablespoon at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
- Pesto should keep well stored, covered or in a sealed air tight container in the fridge for up to 7 days. It can also be frozen (for up to 3 months) in a ice cube tray, then transferred to a ziplock bag in single servings ready to grab and go as needed.
- Enjoy xo
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no jalapenos listed in the ingredients.