Roast Chicken with Rosemary and Thyme
If you're craving "Thanksgiving Dinner" and it's not technically thanksgiving, this awesome herb-roasted chicken recipe will fit the bill nicely, and fill your home with all the aromas of the holiday season. Try it using our new "Savory Pack" spices: French Grey Sea Salt, Rosemary, and Thyme (Now available!)
- 3-4 lb 3-4 lb 3-4 lb Whole Chicken
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp dried Rosemary
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp dried Thyme
- 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp Salt
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup free range, organic Chicken Stock, or filtered water
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- If desired, rinse the chicken under cold water and pat dry.
- Place the chicken on a roasting pan, and stuff the chicken cavity with a whole lemon.
- Rub the chicken with the ghee, then season on all sides with the rosemary, thyme, and salt.
- Tie the legs together with kitchen twine. Add the chicken stock (or filtered water) to the bottom of the roasting pan; this is the foundation for making gravy later.
- Roast the chicken for approximately 25 minutes per pound, so the time will vary depending on the size, until the internal temperature of the chicken reads 165 F with a meat thermometer inserted into the deepest part of the chicken breast.
- Serve warm along with your favorite side dishes.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week