Pumpkin Turkey Chili
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Onion, chopped
- .5 Tbsp .5 Tbsp .5 Tbsp Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Ground Turkey
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Salt
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Black Pepper
- 3 cup 3 cup 3 cup Diced Tomatoes, canned, crushed
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup free range, organic Chicken Stock
- 15 fl oz 15 fl oz 15 fl oz Pumpkin Puree, (1 can)
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Cumin, (ground)
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Primal Palate Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Baby Carrots, chopped
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Green Bell Peppers, chopped (or sub zucchini)
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Celery, chopped
- Cilantro, for garnish
- In a large stock pot, saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil until tender and translucent.
- Add the ground turkey (breaking it up into bite-sized chunks) and saute with the salt and pepper until mostly brown on the outside (it's ok if it's still partly pink).
- Add the crushed tomatoes, water and pumpkin and stir a few times to incorporate, then stir in the spices.
- Finally, stir in the veggies and simmer for 10-20 more minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Serve immediately, garnished with cilantro, green onion and pumpkin seeds.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week