Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
- 2 cups 2 cups 2 cups Gluten Free Flour
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Maple Sugar
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Primal Palate Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 8 Tbsp 8 Tbsp 8 Tbsp Organic [*Spectrum Brand, sustainably sourced] Palm Oil Shortening
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Eggs
- Vanilla Buttercream Frosting (click for recipe), We color ours with Color Garden food coloring, which is vegetable-dyed coloring
- Semisweet Chocolate Chips, melted and piped, for the face decoration
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, maple sugar, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add the vanilla extract, and 8 tablespoons of palm shortening. Combine with a pastry knife, or your hands.
- Add in the two eggs, and combine with your hands, until you have a ball of dough.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper onto a flat surface for rolling. Lightly dust the sheet of parchment paper with arrowroot flour, and place half of the cookie dough onto the parchment.
- Roll out the dough into a thin sheet, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Using a pumpkin shaped cookie cutter, cut the dough into as many cookies, as you can fit.
- Carefully remove the excess dough, and using a spatula, move the cookies to your parchment lined baking sheets.
- Repeat the steps of rolling out the dough, and cutting the cookies, until you have used all of the cookie dough.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes, and then allow to cool completely before frosting.
I used Color Garden vegetable dyes to color the frosting. I also melted Enjoy Life Chocolate chips, to make the jack o' lantern face. To frost the cookies, use a small offset spatula for the orange pumpkin. Use a small star tip for the stem, and a small round tip for the chocolate face. You can also use the Color Garden sprinkles, if you do not wish to make the jack o' lantern face.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week