Pumpkin Ravioli in Herbed Brown Butter
Paleo Pasta?! This pumpkin ravioli in herbed brown butter is the stuff dreams are made of! Using grain-free, primal ingredients, it is decadent without any junky ingredients!
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Cassava Flour, (pasta dough)
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Water, (pasta dough)
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Eggs, Pastured, (pasta dough)
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Avocado Oil, (pasta dough)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Flour, (pasta dough)
- 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 4 oz 4 oz 4 oz Cream Cheese, Full Fat
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Thyme, dried
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Garlic Powder
- 0.25 - 0.5 cup 0.25 - 0.5 cup 0.25 - 0.5 cup Brown Butter, (ghee)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- For the pasta dough: Combine cassva flour, coconut flour, water, eggs, avocado oil, and 1/2 t. salt in the bowl of a stand mixer and mix using the paddle attachment for about 10 minutes. Alternatively, you can mix by hand until well-combined.
- Once you have a nice, big ball of dough, flour a large work surface with a few tablespoons of cassava flour, or arrowroot or tapioca starch.
- Using a rolling pin, roll dough out to 1/8-1/16" thickness.
- Using a cookie cutter (I used a 2.5" square shaped cutter with scalloped edges), cut 24 sqaures out of the dough. You will have to combine scraps and roll them back out several times as you cut the shapes out.
- Now, make the filling: combine the pumpkin puree and cream cheese, mixing by hand in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add 1/2 tsp. thyme, pinching and grinding it between your fingers to release the flavor.
- Add 1/2 tsp. salt and the garlic powder and mix well.
- Start a medium-sized pot of water boiling.
- Using a pastry brush, brush water over the edgers of the pasta squares.
- Scoop tablespoon-sized balls of the pumpkin filling on top of 12 of the pasta squares.
- Place the 12 empty pasta sqaures on top of the filled ones, pressing the edges together as you go, sealing the edges. You can press the edges together with a fork to seal them more if need be.
- Using a slotted spatula or spoon, put 6 of the raviolis in the boiling water, stirring occasionally. Cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepared the herbed brown butter.
- In a large skillet, heat the brown butter ghee with remainging 1/2 tsp. thyme and a pinch of salt.
- When the raviolis are ready to come out of the boiling water, transfer them to the hot brown butter ghee.
- Cook on each side for 2-3 minutes, then remove.
- Repeat boiling and cooking in ghee with remaining six raviolis.
- Drizzle leftover herbed brown butter over finished raviolis.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeNightshade Free Nut Free Other Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.