Pumpkin Chiffon Pie
- 1 1 1 Pie Crust (click for recipe)
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Almond Milk, unsweetened
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Primal Palate Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Salt
- 16 oz 16 oz 16 oz Pumpkin Puree
- 2/3 cup 2/3 cup 2/3 cup Maple Syrup, Pure
- 3 3 3 Eggs, Pastured, separated
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Unflavored Gelatin, Beef, Great Lakes brand
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream, Organic, optional
- Make an almond flour pie crust in a 9-inch pie pan.
- In a saucepan combine pumpkin puree, maple syrup, salt, Primal Palate Pumpkin Pie Spice, egg yolks, and almond milk.
- Whisk thoroughly to combine over medium heat.
- Once the mixture begins to steam, whisk in the gelatin a little bit at a time to prevent clumping.
- Bring the mixture to a low boil while whisking, then remove from heat, and allow to cool.
- Once the pan is cool enough, put the filling in the fridge to chill until it is completely cool, and slightly set.
- If the filling sets too much, allow it to come up in temperature slightly which will allow the gelatin to soften enough to fold the egg whites in, and beat with a hand mixer on high for 20-30 seconds to smooth out the mixture.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks have formed. Gently fold the egg whites into the filling mixture.
- Pour filling into pie crust, and smooth the top with an offset spatula.
- Cover pie with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge until set.
- An optional topping is to whip heavy cream and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Dad says to “'beat the hell” out of the egg whites, which is part of the secret to success with this recipe. He says, “you might think you’re beating them too much, but that’s just the right amount. This recipe can be made 1-2 days ahead of time, but refrain from topping with the heavy whipped cream until just before serving.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week