Pulled Pork Nachos
In honor of my "Cowboys," I'm serving up "Pulled Pork Nachos" with my homemade "Chili Tortilla Chips" at my next tailgate! Best of all, you can make this recipe through the night! Yep, you heard right.. it cooks while you sleep! How awesome is that??!!
- 5 lb 5 lb 5 lb Pork Shoulder, Bone-In
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Garlic, Fist, peeled.
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Ancho Chili Powder
- 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp Sea Salt, + 1.5 tsp
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Cumin, + 1/2 tsp
- 5 cups 5 cups 5 cups Free Range, Low Sodium) Chicken Broth (Organic
- 5 whole 5 whole 5 whole Dried Ancho Chilies
- 1.5 cups 1.5 cups 1.5 cups Blanched Almond Flour
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Flax Seed Meal
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Egg Whites
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Chili Powder
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Chipotle Powder
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Tomato, Diced
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Roasted Roma Salsa (click for recipe)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Guacamole
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Jalapeño, Sliced
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Onion, Diced
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Arrowroot Flour
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place the pork shoulder, fat cap side up.
- Make X slits in the top of it (score it).
- Add the garlic cloves in the slits.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the smoked paprika, garlic powder, ancho chili pepper, sea salt, and cumin, and mix them altogether.
- Place the rub on top and on the sides of the pork shoulder, making sure to get the rub into the slits.
- Place the pork should in the slow cooker.
- Pour in the chicken broth, add the chili's, and cover.
- Set the slow cooker on low heat for 12 hours.
- To make the chili tortilla chips...
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the almond flour, flax seed meal, egg whites, sea salt, chili powder, chipotle chili powder, and cumin to the food processor.
- Pulse until the mixture begins to stick together in a ball.
- Sprinkle a little arrowroot flour on a cutting board and place the dough on it.
- Cover it with parchment paper and roll it out with a rolling pin.
- Discard the parchment paper.
- Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut the dough into triangles.
- Place them on a baking pan covered with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Place them in the oven for 14 minutes.
- Remove and allow them to cool.
- When the pork shoulder is done, transfer it to a cutting board, and discard the bone.
- With a fork in each hand, shred the meat, and discard the large pieces of the fat cap.
- Place the tortilla chips on a plate and cover them with the shredded pork.
- Add another layer of chips, than add the diced tomatoes, onions, salsa, guacamole, lime juice, and jalapenos.
- Sprinkle with fresh pepper to taste and enjoy!
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week