Prosciutto and Arugula Salad
Prosciutto is often complimented by the flavors of fruit, and usually a sweeter fruit. For this salad we used fresh grapefruit. It adds a bit of fresh sweet flavor, and also the acidity in the fruit replaces the need for vinegar, so you only need a splash of olive oil to dress the salad.
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Walnuts, Organic, chopped
- 1 1 1 Grapefruit, or 1/4 cantaloupe
- 4 cup 4 cup 4 cup Arugula, loosely packed
- 4 oz 4 oz 4 oz Prosciutto, cut into strips
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin, a drizzle
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Salt and Pepper
- Peel skin from grapefruit.
- If you're feeling fancy, remove the outer membrane from the wedges.
- Cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Chop 1 cup of raw walnuts, set aside.
- Cut prosciutto into small ribbons, about 1 inch wide.
- Plate 2 cups of arugula per plate.
- Top arugula with prosciutto, grapefruit, and walnuts.
- Drizzle olive oil over salad.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and cracked black pepper if desired.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week