Probiotic Coconut Yogurt
This is great plain on its own, but I love adding a seasonal fruit for a little extra culinary flavor. Try topping it with some hemp or flax seeds, almonds, tahini, mint ribbons, and a sprinkle of cinnamon!
- 16 oz 16 oz 16 oz Coconut Meat, (fresh young thai coconut meat (you can usually find this frozen at health food stores or ethnic markets))
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Coconut Water, or filtered water
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Raw Honey, (or 2 drops stevia for sugar free)
- 1 1 1 Probiotic Capsule, (1 packet probiotics (50 billion strain- I like “Ultimate Flora” brand))
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp ground (vanilla bean powder) Vanilla Beans
- 1 1 1 Lemon, Zest only
- 8 8 8 fresh Cherries, Pitted, or 1/2 cup seasonal fruit of your choice
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Combine all ingredients except probiotic powder in a high powered blender.
- Blend on high until you reach a smooth consistency- about 2 minutes.
- Add coconut water as needed- consistency should be thick like regular yogurt and not too watery- remember it will thicken more as it ferments overnight!
- Once all ingredients are thoroughly combined, add the probiotic powder and pulse a few times to fully incorporate.
- Pour coconut purée into the two mason jars, filling only 3/4 full.
- Screw lids on loosely.
- Place the mason jars in a warm space- I’ve found this works best in an oven with just the pilot light on, or if you can set your oven to 105 degrees F.
- Let sit for 12-24 hours depending on how “tangy” you like your yogurt- the longer it sits, the tangier it will become!
- Transfer to refrigerator and consume within 2 weeks. be sure not to double dip into the yogurt!
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week