Part of the enjoyment with this recipe, for me, is the warm, rich aromas that waft through the house as the pot roast cooks. By the time dinner rolls around, there is great anticipation for the meal at hand. The best part about this recipe is that it is simple to make and can provide leftovers for several additional meals.
- 1 1 1 Onion, cut into chunks
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Salt and Pepper
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Beef Broth
- 2 2 2 Parsnip, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 lb 3 lb 3 lb Beef Chuck Shoulder Roast
- 5 5 5 Carrots, peeled and sliced
- 5 5 5 Turnips, quartered
- 1 sprig 1 sprig 1 sprig Thyme, fresh
- 1 sprig 1 sprig 1 sprig Sage
- 5 cloves 5 cloves 5 cloves Garlic
- 1 1 1 Bay Leaf
- Rinse and chop all vegetables.
- Place vegetables to cover the bottom of a crock pot dish.
- Place chuck roast on top of vegetables, and place remainder of vegetables around roast.
- Pour in two cups of beef broth, and sprinkle salt and pepper over the top.
- Place lid on crock pot, and cook on low for 6–8 hours.
- About 1–2 hours before finishing, place bouquet garni into the crock pot and continue to cook on low.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week