Pork Chops with Caramelized Fennel and Onions with Cauli Mash
- 16 oz 16 oz 16 oz Pork Chop, 2, 8 oz chops
- 1 bunch 1 bunch 1 bunch Kale
- 1 head 1 head 1 head Cauliflower
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Yellow Onion
- 2 cloves 2 cloves 2 cloves Garlic
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- .3 cup .3 cup .3 cup Vegetable Broth
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Garlic Powder
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Onion Powder
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch fresh Thyme
- Roast the cauliflower, 1 garlic clove, and 1 onion for 20 minutes in 375 degree oven. Roasting gives the flavor depth and nuttiness.
- Meanwhile, julienne the fennel bulb and the other onion. I used a mandolin to achieve an even slice. Add 3 tbsp of olive oil or ghee to a wide saucepan. Add fennel and onions. Saute on medium high heat until they reduce and turn brown, stirring occasionally. About 20 minutes. If the onions start to dry out you can add a bit of water.
- Then, remove cauliflower from oven and add to a stove top pot. Mash the cauliflower-I used a hand blender and pulsed just a few times. Rip off kale leaves from their stems and add kale and vegetable broth to the pot. Stir and let sit on low for the flavors to marry while you cook the pork.
- Next, season pork. Cook in skillet on medium heat for 5-7 minutes each side.
To plate, Spoon the mashed cauliflower on the plate next to the pork or even under the pork! Add caramelized fennel and onions ontop of the pork.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week