Pork Chops with Bacon Fig Sauce
This dish is sweet (just from the figs themselves, no added sweeteners) and savory, and the sauce is the perfect accompaniment to a nicely browned pork chop. This can just as easily be made for a weeknight supper or as a dish to impress guests.
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Lard, (or coconut oil)
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Shallot, diced
- 2 pieces 2 pieces 2 pieces Bacon
- 1.25 lb 1.25 lb 1.25 lb Figs, Black Mission, quartered, with stems removed
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Orange, zest of
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Lemon, juice of
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar, (or red wine vinegar)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Rosemary, fresh, chopped finely
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Salt
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Pork Chop
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Salt and Pepper, or to taste
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a large cast iron pan, cook the bacon slices. Remove the bacon from the pan and set aside. Keep the bacon fat in the pan.
- In a separate large saucepan, melt the lard or coconut oil.
- Add the diced shallots or onions to the saucepan and cook until translucent.
- Cut the bacon into small pieces.
- Add the figs, orange zest, lemon juice, vinegar, rosemary, salt, and bacon pieces into the saucepan with the onions. Also pour off approximately half of the bacon grease from the cast iron pan into the saucepan as well.
- Simmer the fig mixture, stirring occasionally, for approximately 20 minutes, until the figs have softened and broken down a bit.
- Meanwhile, heat the cast iron pan back up again over medium-high heat. If there isn't much bacon fat left in the pan (you need just enough to cover), add some lard or coconut oil as well.
- Generously season the pork chops with the salt and pepper and add to the preheated cast iron pan.
- Cook the pork chops 5-7 minutes each side, depending on the thickness.
- Serve the pork chops with a generous serving each of the fig sauce.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Dairy Free Egg Free Meat Nightshade Free Nut Free Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.