Pork and Plantain Cuban Breakfast Hash
- 1 1 1 Plantain, peeled and sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Pork Shoulder, leftovers, shredded
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 Jalapeño, diced
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 clove 1 clove 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 Lime, juice only
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 1 1 Egg, cooked however you'd like
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- First you need to caramelize your plantains.
- Add them to a large skillet over medium heat with a tablespoon of coconut oil. Cook on both sides for about 2-3 minutes, being sure not to burn them.
- Once they are cooked through, add your plantains to a large bowl and small with a fork. Then add your minced garlic clove, onion, jalapeno, lime, seasonings and leftover pork. Mash thoroughly together.
- Form a large ball or 3 patties.
- Heat skillet back up and place another tablespoon of coconut oil in your skillet.
- Add your hash to the pan and press down to make it as flat as possible.
- Cook on both sides for 4-5 minutes or until each side is crispy.
- Cook up your egg(s) however you’d like. I cooked mine over easy.
- Top hash with egg. This would also be great with guacamole and/or salsa.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week