Plantain Buddha Bowl
- .5 whole .5 whole .5 whole Plantain
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Eggs, Pastured, (replace with 2 additional slices of bacon for AIP option)
- 2 pieces 2 pieces 2 pieces Bacon
- 2 cups 2 cups 2 cups Lettuce, Spring Mix Salad Greens, (or your greens of choice)
- .5 whole .5 whole .5 whole Avocado, sliced
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Organic
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Primal Palate Breakfast Blend
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Sea Salt
- .5 Tbsp .5 Tbsp .5 Tbsp Coconut Milk
- 2.5 Tbsp 2.5 Tbsp 2.5 Tbsp Cilantro Avocado Mayo (click for recipe)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place bacon on a baking sheet lined with unbleached parchment paper.
- Bake bacon for about 15 minutes, checking occasionally to prevent burning.
- Remove from oven and lay on a paper towel to absorb extra grease.
- If you're choosing to include eggs (these can be replaced with 2 additional slices of bacon for an AIP substitute), cook them using your method of choice. I like to soft boil my eggs for this recipe using this method:
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Add eggs to water. Cook for 6-8 minutes. 6 minutes will have more of a runny yolk, 8 minutes will be a medium yolk.
- Immediately remove eggs into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking.
- Peel eggs carefully, and add to bowl.
- While the eggs and bacon are cooking, begin cooking plantains. Slice plantain lengthwise and remove skin. Slice plantain into 1/2" thick rounds. Sprinkle with Primal Palate Breakfast Blend spice and sea salt
- Heat oil over medium low heat in a shallow skillet. Add sliced plantains.
- Cook until the plantains are golden brown on each side. Remove from pan and use the bottom of a glass jar to "smoosh" each plantain round to about 1/4" thick. Return to skillet to cook another 1-2 minutes on each side. Remove from skillet and set aside to cool slightly.
- Whisk together the coconut milk and Cilantro Avocado Mayo (recipe included in my recipe profile) to thin it out and make a sauce.
- Assemble Plantain Buddha Bowl by layering all the ingredients in a large bowl. Slice avocado and top with Cilantro Avocado Sauce.
For an AIP option, omit eggs and replace with 2 additional sliced of bacon.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week