Plantain Buddha Bowl
This Plantain Buddha Bowl recipe is packed with super greens, healthy fats and proteins, and topped with homemade Cilantro Avocado Sauce. They will keep you sustained and satiated all morning.
- .5 whole .5 whole .5 whole Plantain
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Eggs, Pastured, (replace with 2 additional slices of bacon for AIP option)
- 2 pieces 2 pieces 2 pieces Bacon
- 2 cups 2 cups 2 cups Lettuce, Spring Mix Salad Greens, (or your greens of choice)
- .5 whole .5 whole .5 whole Avocado, sliced
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Organic
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Primal Palate Breakfast Blend
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Sea Salt
- .5 Tbsp .5 Tbsp .5 Tbsp Coconut Milk
- 2.5 Tbsp 2.5 Tbsp 2.5 Tbsp Cilantro Avocado Mayo (click for recipe)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place bacon on a baking sheet lined with unbleached parchment paper.
- Bake bacon for about 15 minutes, checking occasionally to prevent burning.
- Remove from oven and lay on a paper towel to absorb extra grease.
- If you're choosing to include eggs (these can be replaced with 2 additional slices of bacon for an AIP substitute), cook them using your method of choice. I like to soft boil my eggs for this recipe using this method:
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Add eggs to water. Cook for 6-8 minutes. 6 minutes will have more of a runny yolk, 8 minutes will be a medium yolk.
- Immediately remove eggs into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking.
- Peel eggs carefully, and add to bowl.
- While the eggs and bacon are cooking, begin cooking plantains. Slice plantain lengthwise and remove skin. Slice plantain into 1/2" thick rounds. Sprinkle with Primal Palate Breakfast Blend spice and sea salt
- Heat oil over medium low heat in a shallow skillet. Add sliced plantains.
- Cook until the plantains are golden brown on each side. Remove from pan and use the bottom of a glass jar to "smoosh" each plantain round to about 1/4" thick. Return to skillet to cook another 1-2 minutes on each side. Remove from skillet and set aside to cool slightly.
- Whisk together the coconut milk and Cilantro Avocado Mayo (recipe included in my recipe profile) to thin it out and make a sauce.
- Assemble Plantain Buddha Bowl by layering all the ingredients in a large bowl. Slice avocado and top with Cilantro Avocado Sauce.
For an AIP option, omit eggs and replace with 2 additional sliced of bacon.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week