Pesto Pasta with Beef and Olives
Fresh, homemade basil pesto adds a whole new dimension of flavor to any dish. We made our version dairy-free by omitting the Parmesan, but you’ll never notice the difference!
- 2 2 2 Spaghetti Squash
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Basil, fresh, packed (for the Pesto)
- 1 clove 1 clove 1 clove Garlic, smashed (for the Pesto)
- 1/3 cup 1/3 cup 1/3 cup Pine Nuts, (for the Pesto)
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Lemon Juice, (for the Pesto)
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Olive Oil, Extra Virgin, (for the Pesto)
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Salt, (for the Pesto)
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Butter, Salted
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 lb 2 lb 2 lb Ground Beef
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Kalamata Olives
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half, lengthwise, and scoop out the seeds.
- Place the spaghetti squash halves in a baking dish, and bake for 35 minutes.
- In a food processor, make the pesto by pulsing the basil, garlic, and pine nuts together.
- Add the lemon juice, olive oil, and salt to the food processor, and blend until smooth. Set the pesto aside.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the diced onion, and sauté until the onion is soft.
- Add the ground beef to the skillet, and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Continue to sauté until the beef has fully cooked. Set aside.
- Once the spaghetti squash has fully baked, remove it from the oven, and shred it with a fork.
- Toss the squash noodles with the pesto, adding the seasoned ground beef and olives.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Egg Free Entrées GAPS Nightshade Free Shellfish Free Sugar Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.