Pear and Squash Chicken Skillet
For this recipe we had a brilliant idea – Why not combine two of our fall favorites, bosc pears and delicata squash with some chicken, bacon, rosemary and a touch of cayenne pepper to make a one pan meal? That’s exactly what we did for this pear and squash chicken skillet and we have to say it turned out pretty amazing. The sweet flavor of the pear and squash combined with the savory/salty bacon and chicken is a delectable combination. Not to mention the touch of cayenne pepper gives the dish a mild kick to wake up your taste buds.
- 6 pieces 6 pieces 6 pieces Bacon, Diced
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Delicata Squash
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Bosc Pear, Sliced
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 sprig 1 sprig 1 sprig fresh Rosemary, Chopped
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Salt, + 1/4 tsp to season the chicken
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Black Pepper, + 1/4 tsp to season the chicken
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 pieces 2 pieces 2 pieces boneless skinless Chicken Breasts
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Start by heating a cast iron pan or other oven safe skillet over medium heat.
- Once the pan is hot, toss in the diced bacon to cook. Cook it for 6-8 minutes until it is just starting to get cooked around the edges and then remove it and place on a paper towel lined plate. It will cook the rest of the way in the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the pear into slices and place it in a large bowl.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices. Toss in the bowl with pears.
- Add in the, oil, rosemary, cayenne pepper and 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper to the bowl. Mix everything together to coat.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Once the bacon is cooked, remove it from the pan and set aside.
- Pour off excess bacon grease if desired, but leave some in to cook the chicken in. Place the chicken in the skillet to brown. Cook for five minutes and flip, cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Add in the squash and pear mixture to the skillet around and over the chicken (it will be pretty full). Sprinkle the bacon on top.
- Carefully transfer the skillet to the oven.
- Bake until the chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week