Pasta with Meatballs
One of our favorite spice blends is adobo, which is a beautifully balanced mix of garlic, onion, bay leaf, oregano, and pepper. We love using it to season meatballs (even in soup). We think you'll find it to be a nice addition to the classic spaghetti and meatballs.
- 1 1 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 2 lb 2 lb 2 lb Ground Pork, (Meatballs)
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Adobo Seasoning, (Meatballs)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Salt, (Meatballs)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Pepper, (Meatballs)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Duck Fat, (Sauce)
- 2 clove 2 clove 2 clove Garlic, minced (Sauce)
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Onion, diced (Sauce)
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup White Mushrooms, sliced (Sauce)
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Basil, dried
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Oregano, dried, (Sauce)
- 6 oz 6 oz 6 oz Tomato Paste, (Sauce)
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Tomato, strained (Sauce)
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Black Olives, (Sauce)
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Capers, (Sauce)
- Salt and Pepper, (Sauce)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the ends off of the squash, and slice it in half, lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds from the squash, place it on a rimmed baking sheet, and bake for 35 minutes or until squash is tender and the “noodles” shred easily with a fork.
- In a large mixing bowl, season the ground pork with the Adobo Seasoning, salt, and black pepper.
- Form the meat mixture into 1-ounce meatballs, and place them in a baking dish.
- After 35 minutes, remove the squash from the oven, and allow it to cool. Turn the oven down to 350 degrees.
- Bake the meatballs at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- While the meatballs and squash are baking, begin to make the sauce. Add the duck fat to a heavy sauce pan, and heat it over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and onion to the saucepan, and sauté until the onion is translucent.
- Add the mushrooms to the saucepan, season with dried basil and dried oregano, and sauté until the mushrooms start to soften.
- Add the tomato paste, strained tomatoes, black olives, and capers, and stir to combine all ingredients evenly.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste, bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and allow it to simmer until the dish is ready to be plated.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the spaghetti squash “noodles” with the sauce and meatballs. Plate and serve.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Dairy Free Egg Free GAPS Meat Nut Free Shellfish Free Sugar Free Whole30
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
The instructions say basil but there’s none listed in the ingredients!
fixed! Thanks for letting us know!