Parsnip-Apple Latkes with Smoked Salmon
An easy breakfast that is sure to impress.
- 0.5 lb 0.5 lb 0.5 lb Parsnip, peeled
- 1 1 1 Apple, Granny Smith
- 1 1 1 Green Onion, sliced
- 2 2 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Salt
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Organic
- 4 oz 4 oz 4 oz Smoked Salmon
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Horseradish, garnish
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Using the large shredder attachment for your food processor, shred the parsnips and apple.
- Place shredded parsnips and apple in a thin dish towel. Squeeze out all excess liquid.
- Combine parsnip, apple, green onion, eggs, coconut flour, salt and pepper. Let sit for 5 minutes for the coconut flour to absorb any more liquid.
- Heat flat-bottom skillet with 1 tablespoon coconut oil.
- Form 1/4 cup patties in your palm lightly squeezing out any extra liquid. Place 3-4 patties in the pan, but don't overcrowd.
- Cook for 2 minutes then lightly press down patty with flat spatula.
- Cook for another 5-6 minutes until brown and crispy.
- Flip and cook for another 7-8 minutes.
- Top latkes with 1 oz smoked salmon and a small dollop of horseradish and a sprinkle of green onion.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week