The use of coconut oil in this recipe enhances the naturally sweet flavor of fresh scallops. This recipe is one that is perfect as an entree, and would also be a fantastic appetizer for guests.
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Organic
- 12 12 12 Scallops
- 2 2 2 Shallot, minced
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Rinse scallops with cold water and pat dry with a paper towel, set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a frying pan.
- Add minced shallots to coconut oil and sauté until shallots are translucent.
- Add scallops to frying pan, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Sear scallops for approximately 2 minutes per side.
Be cautious when cooking scallops. They tend to cook quickly, and can become tough or chewy when overcooked. They will be fully cooked when opaque throughout.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week