Pan-Seared Salmon with Avocado “Cream” Sauce
This is a great recipe for beginner cooks and fish lovers. Simple and super fresh, this dish is a perfect meal after a long day. The trick to cooking the fish is to bring your pan fully up to heat before placing the fillets in it, placing it with the skin side down first, this will sear the fillets to trap flavor and moisture. Don't try to move the fillets until they are ready or you will likely tear the fish. When the fillets are ready to be flipped they should lift easily from the pan, leaving you with beautifully crisp skin.
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Coconut Cream
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Lemon Juice, fresh
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Black Pepper
- 1 clove 1 clove 1 clove Garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Ghee
- 24 oz 24 oz 24 oz Salmon Filet, Wild Caught, skin-on (4 filets)
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt and Pepper, per filet
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Combine the coconut cream, avocado, lemon juice, sea salt, black pepper, and garlic in a mini food processor or high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- In a large skillet over high heat, heat the ghee. Once the ghee is hot, reduce the heat to medium-low. Season the salmon on both sides with salt and pepper, place it skin side down in the hot pan, and cook for approximately 8 minutes. The skin should release easily from the pan.
- Flip the salmon and cook it flesh side down for an additional 4 minutes. Carefully release the fish from the pan. It should lift easily; if it doesn't, it may need a little more time in the pan.
- To serve, place a generous dollop of the Avocado "Cream" Sauce on each plate and top with the salmon.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeEgg Free GAPS Nightshade Free Nut Free Pescetarian Seafood Shellfish Free Sugar Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.