Pan Seared Cod with Herbs and Lemon
This flavorful way of making pan seared cod is a favorite of ours. It cooks in a delicious garlic and onion sauce seasoned with our Amore blend. The addition of fresh lemon juice and parsley adds a bright pop of flavor that brings this dish to life.
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves 2 cloves 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Vidalia Onion, diced
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Lemon, juice only
- 8 oz 8 oz 8 oz Cod, wild, two whole filets
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Primal Palate Amore
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt and Pepper
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a large stainless steel skillet, warm one tablespoon of ghee and one tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and onion, and saute until the onion is translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, and stir to combine. Turn the heat down to medium low.
- Add the amore seasoning to the sauce and stir to combine.
- Preheat the oven to bake at 350 degrees.
- In a smaller skillet, heat the remaining tablespoon of ghee over medium heat.
- Once the ghee is hot, add the cod filets, and sprinkle the top with salt. Turn the heat down to medium.
- Allow the cod to cook for about 5 minutes, flip, season the other side with salt as well as pepper, and cook for a remaining 3-5 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the cod, and then place the cod in the oven to bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove the cod from the oven once it has finished cooking, and top with the chopped parsley, and thinly sliced lemon if desired. It will be cooked through when it flakes easily. Serve over a bed of lettuce.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week