Paleo Sweet Potato Chili
This paleo sweet potato chili is the perfect make-ahead meal for a week's worth of dinners or lunches. Combine the ingredients and enjoy them all week!
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Onion, chopped
- 3 clove 3 clove 3 clove Garlic, minced
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Carrots, diced
- 8 oz 8 oz 8 oz Baby Bella Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Sweet Potato, peeled and diced
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Parsnip, peeled and diced
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Mild Italian Sausage
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Tomato Sauce
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Bone Broth (click for recipe)
- 8 oz 8 oz 8 oz Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Cumin
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp dried Oregano
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Bay Leaf
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Avocado
- 1 bunch 1 bunch 1 bunch Cilantro
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a large dutch oven, brown hamburger and sausage. Once browned, remove, drain and set asides.
- Add in coconut oil over low-medium heat. Once hot, add chopped onion, garlic cloves, mushrooms, sweet potatoes, and parsnips. Cook until onion is translucent.
- Add in spices, mixing to combine.
- Add stock, tomato sauce, tomatoes and ground beef and sausage.
- Simmer until veggies are tender.
- Season with additional salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve and garnish with cilantro and avocado.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week